Welcome to AquaRox Swim School - Autumn Term 2021
Swimming Starts back, 18th September 2021
Updated 29.8.21, During the course of this week, I am trying to get forms out for Septembers return (will email out & inform via text) new parents that have contacted me & I have on the waiting list, I will be getting back to you over the course of this weekend / week
To enrol back into swimming, I will contact you guys to book in the time session for your child(s) As before we are limited on number for every session
AquaRox policy & procedures - returning covid - adjusted from September 2021
If you have not heard back from me, please re text me, just as a reminder -
We started off as Dolphin Swim Club (which was set up by Alison Watkins) The Swim school is now running by Roxy Parkyn under the trading name of AquaRox Swim School.
We pride Ourselves on employing highly qualified and motivated teachers and assistants.
Lessons at this time are only being held on a Saturday.
Within this time there will be specific classes for lane swimming, parent toddler, along with 3 year old on their own. (at this time no parent & child classes or any child that needs 1 -1 handing help in the water. As we move forward with covid, this may be able to change )
Any messages please leave a text (as I will see first) don't worry if don't respond straight away, the message is on my phone & I will get back to you. (I also train swimming teachers and if taking a course, that will come first, due to marking etc.,)
West Hatch High School, High Road, Chigwell, Essex IG7 5BT
Directions to the school - the entrance to west hatch is located near pelican lights.
On driving into the school, go forward and; then turn left into the lower car park.
With the main road then behind you, you will be facing a low level building in front of you the main school to the right.
Between these buildings there is a footpath , follow for about 25m (you will be walking in the direction of their playing courts). The door to the swimming pool is on your right hand side, the changing rooms are located along the corridor on your left.
Please follow all pool rules as before. Covid-19 hands, space & face, no parents poolside - apart from class 1 (as there is an added risk apart from covid
SATURDAY CLASSES: 12.00 noon - last class ends @ 5.30 PM
Limited spaces available
Our lessons are structured from beginners through to stamina swimming.
Main benefits:- this has now change as listed below - max number in the pool is 20 and would like this to be 16 pupils and 2 teachers in the water, the teachers in the water will be for class 1 & may be needed for class 2 (depends on the time set up)
- Classes will be limited to 8 pupils max however the ratio of pupil to teacher/assistant is usually 1:3 for the lower classes (looking to keep class sizes to 7) Will now be different due to Covid and spacing - SD
- Fully qualified and experienced Amateur Swimming Association Teachers. The teachers attend CPD training, therefore we have up to date practices.
- Recognized Swim England affiliated swim school
- Experienced in water assistants
- Teachers have their own personal Teachers Rescue test qualification / or spotters on poolside
- Large changing facilities - now following SD please now keep to the marked areas in the changing rooms
- Pool facilities 9m x 19 metre pool and we teach via the deep water method
- We encourage children to learn through fun and games within a structured environment , following ADSP, with caring and understanding teachers and helpers.
- We work to each individuals needs and abilities.
TERM COURSE DATES -- Autumn Term dates - 2021
- 1st day back - 18th September 2021
- 25th, September,
- 2nd, 9th, & 16th October, 2021
- (No swimming 23rd and 30th October) both Saturday's either side - Essex 1/2 term holiday
- 6th, 13th 20th, 27th November 2021
- 4th December 2021
- - then we break for Xmas holidays - Spring term dates to be set.
- The lessons will cater for all standards starting at beginners and going through to stamina and pre-competition technique.
For further information contact via text first - Roxy on 07850 377 175 preferably before 9.30 pm, best day phone Fridays or by completing Contact Us Form -- the best way is via text, please re text if not replied (as will leave text on phone, knowing I have to get back to you) I look after my grand daughter now Monday full day (Tuesday to Thursday 1/2 day and pre school runs) good free day is now Friday.
If you can't get hold of me it is because I am on poolside and unable to get to my phone, please then leave a text message.