Welcome to AquaRox Swim School
Swim school up & running We are in today - 17.10.20
COVID-19 - style. Now Tier 2 (HIGH) Please follow - FACE - HANDS -SPACE, only arrive 5 min before lesson (no earlier) Ready to swim- Please keep space while waiting to be called into changing rooms - OnExit of changing rooms, follow the one way system - EXIT passed the boys changing rooms
All lessons will run for 25 min (with a 15 min change over )
The full lanes will run for 45 mins
Very important notice: -
All lesson under covid restrictions as set via government & Swim England, all new procedures and protocol will need to be kept to
To enrol back into swimming, you must contact me first and book in the time session for your child(s) we are limited on number for every session
Also there are forms to be completed
Return to training/swimming
Health survey check list
AquaRox new policy & procedures - returning covid
If you have not heard back from me, please re text me, just as a reminder -
We started off as Dolphin Swim Club (which was set up by Alison Watkins) The Swim school is now running by Roxy Parkyn under the trading name of AquaRox Swim School.
We pride Ourselves on employing highly qualified and motivated teachers and assistants.
Lessons at this time are only being held on a Saturday.
Within this time there will be specific classes for lane swimming, parent toddler, along with 3 year old on their own. (at this time no parent & child classes or any child that needs 1 -1 handing help in the water (we have to teach via SD)
Any messages please leave a text (as I will see first)
West Hatch High School, High Road, Chigwell, Essex IG7 5BT
Directions to the school - the entrance to west hatch is located near pelican lights.
On driving into the school, go forward and; then turn left into the lower car park.
With the main road then behind you, you will be facing a low level building in front of you the main school to the right.
Between these buildings there is a footpath , follow for about 25m (you will be walking in the direction of their playing courts). The door to the swimming pool is on your right hand side, the changing rooms are located along the corridor on your left.
Please follow all pool rules as before. & the new Covid-19 rules, hands, space & face, no parents poolside - apart from class 1 (as there is an added risk apart from covid
SATURDAY CLASSES: 12.00 noon - last class ends @ 5.30 PM
Limited spaces available
Our lessons are structured from beginners through to stamina swimming.
Main benefits:- this has now change as listed below - max number in the pool is 18 and would like this to be 16 pupils and 2 teachers in the water, the teachers in the water will be for class 1 & may be needed for class 2 (depends on the time set up)
- Classes will be limited to 8 pupils max however the ratio of pupil to teacher/assistant is usually 1:3 for the lower classes (looking to keep class sizes to 7) Will now be different due to Covid and spacing - SD
- Fully qualified and experienced Amateur Swimming Association Teachers. The teachers attend CPD training, therefore we have up to date practices.
- Recognized Swim England affiliated swim school
- Experienced in water assistants
- Teachers have their own personal Teachers Rescue test qualification / or spotters on poolside
- Large changing facilities - now following SD please now keep to the marked areas in the changing rooms
- Pool facilities 9m x 19 metre pool and we teach via the deep water method
- We encourage children to learn through fun and games within a structured environment , following ADSP, with caring and understanding teachers and helpers.
- We work to each individuals needs and abilities.
TERM COURSE DATES -- Autumn Term dates - 2020 ( 8 week course)
- 1st day back - 10th October, 2020
- (No swimming 31st October) End Saturday of Essex 1/2 term holiday
- 14th, 21st & 28th November 2020
- 5th Decemeber 2020 (last session regards the Autumn term)
- Dates to be set for the Spring 2021 term
- The lessons will cater for all standards starting at beginners and going through to stamina and pre-competition technique.
For further information contact via email first or Tel: Roxy on 07850 377 175 preferably before 9.30 pm, best day phone Fridays or by completing Contact Us Form -- the best way is via text, please re text if not replied (as will leave text on phone, knowing I have to get back to you) I look after my grand daughter now Monday full day (Tuesday to Thursday 1/2 day and pre school runs) good free day is now Friday.
If you can't get hold of me it is because I am on poolside and unable to get to my phone, please then leave a text message.